Healthy Cupcakes!!! WHAT!!😱
I have been drinking Shakeology for 2 years now, and LOVE it!
I have tried a few recipes with Shakeology in it. Like Tony Horton’s Shakeology Balls (yes, they are a thing! Google it!😉)
With 2 kids allergic to dairy, I’m always looking for sweet treats that are quick and simple to make. Cause I get to make them from scratch😁 always!!
Searching for something completely different I came across this recipe from Christa Briggs. It sounded amazing so I decided on a whim, “I’m so making these tonight!”
Because it’s me, I altered the recipe a bit strictly because I didn’t have all the ingredients. So check the link for the original recipe. Mine is below.
Double Chocolate Shakeology Cupcakes
- 1 c Pamela’s gluten free flour (a staple in my house from Costco)
- 1 c Vegan Chocolate Shakeology or other Vegan Chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 c honey/agave
- 1/2 c cooled coffee
- 1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2T coconut or grapeseed oil
- 3 eggs
I did not have applesauce so I added one more egg and 1-2 Tbsp almond milk to thin the mix a bit. Mine was a little dry and thick. I got it to just wetter than a brownie mix. My 7 year old also suggested using sweetened almond milk “because the sugar is already in it and we don’t have to put more in.”🤔 I agree and wish she wasn’t so much smarter than me😆
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl beat wet ingredients together with hand mixer or standing mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Pour wet into dry and beat until completely smooth. (This is where I discovered mine was thick and added some more almond milk)
- Scoop into lined muffin cups or spray the pan well
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until cooked thru.
You can add a tsp of nut butter in the center just before baking, because really, who doesn’t LOVE chocolate and nut butter?!?!
These are not overly sweet. If you like your cupcakes sweeter add more honey/agave. I would also venture to do a stronger coffee or use instant coffee to enhance the mocha flavor.
Posted on June 16, 2016, in Clean Eating, dessert, Food, Gluten free, Health, recipes, Shakeology and tagged chocolate, clean eating, healthy dessert, healthy food, muffins, shakeology. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.