Vegan “Minestrone” Soup
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil1 10 ounce package frozen Spinach – (4 cups raw)
3C Cooked Great Northern Beans – (1 1/2 14oz cans, no salt added)
3C Cooked Kidney Beans – (1 1/2 – 14oz cans, no salt added)
3 Cloves Garlic – Minced
2C Carrots – diced small
2C Onion – diced small
2C Celery – diced small
2C tomatoes – seeded & diced small (1 – 14oz can no salt added)
2C Zucchini – diced small, peeling is optional
2 medium Potatoes – scrubbed well, diced small – peeling optional
1 Tbsp dried Parsley
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
1/2C Red Wine
Veggie Stock or Water for thinning – if stock is used do not add salt until the end of cooking & taste test)
1. Saute garlic, onions, carrots & celery in coconut oil in stockpot until onions are translucent.
2. Add red wine, and bring to a low simmer.
3. Puree great northern beans then add to stock pot and add kidney beans unprocessed. Cook 5 minutes
4. Add tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes, and parsley. Simmer 5 minutes letting flavors meld.
5. Add water and salt, or stock to reach 1 inch below the top of the pot.
6. Simmer 1 1/2 hours until the potatoes are soft and adjusting liquid to suit your thickness preference ( I like mine as a thin broth-like soup).
**I have also added small pasta like risoto and left out the potato all together to change up the starch**