Kale and Banana Muffins
3 medium sized ripe Bananas2 C raw Kale leaves – stems removed, roughly chopped
1/4 C Coconut oil – room temp soft
1/2 C Palm Sugar
2 C Gluten Free AP flour (I used Namaste)
1/2-1 tsp Cinnamon – your preference, we like more in our muffins!
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Fit a 12 cup muffin tin with liners, preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a food processor or high speed blender, blend bananas and kale until kale has been completely pulverized.
3. Add oil and sugar to blender and blend until smooth.
4. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients – Flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
5. Pour wet ingredients into the dry and mix just to combine. All the flour should be absorbed, but make sure not to overmix the batter.
6. Fill prepared muffins cups 2/3 full and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are springy to touch and a toothpick comes out clean.