Kale and Lentil Veggie Stew
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil1 large Onion – chopped
2 large Carrots – peeled and cut into a large dice
2 Celery stalks – chopped to same size as carrots
1 medium Rutabaga – peeled and diced same as carrots
2 Garlic cloves – minced
1lb bag of brown lentils – sorted and rinsed
8 C Chicken or Vegetable broth
1 large bunch Kale – deribbed and coarsely chopped
2 Bay leaves
1. Heat oil in large pot (I use a dutch oven) on medium/high heat. Once hot add onions, carrots, celery and rutabaga – sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute until all veggies start to soften and brown – about 10 minutes
2. Add garlic and lentils – stir constantly for one minute.
3. Add broth, kale and bay leaves – bring to a boil and stir to wilt kale.
4. Reduce heat to medium/low, cover and simmer until lentils are tender – about 15-20 minutes
5. If needed thin with additional broth and add salt and pepper to taste.