Spicy Pickled Cauliflower
3 C Filtered Water6 cloves Garlic – halved lengthwise
3 Bay Leaves
1 1/2 tsp dried Oregano Leaves
1 tsp Black Peppercorns
1 Medium head Cauliflower – cored and cut into small pieces
1 lb Carrots – peeled and sliced into medallions
2 tsp Kosher Salt
3 Jalapenos ⤵️
-Hot – halve lengthwise leaving seeds intact
-Medium – pierce pepper with a knife in several places
-Mild – Halve lengthwise and remove seeds and white ribbing
**Or leave it out altogether if you don’t like spice 😉**
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 C Rice Vinegar
Mason/Canning Jars with lids and rings
1. In a pot (I use my dutch oven) add water, garlic, bay leaves, oregano and peppercorns. Bring to a boil on high heat.
2. Add cauliflower, carrots and salt. Cook 3 minutes until they are just starting to turn tender.
3. Add jalapenos, oil and vinegar and bring back to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
4. Using a slotted spoon, move veggies to mason jars, evenly distributing veggies. Leave about 1-2 inches of space from the top of the veggies to the rim of the jar.
5. Ladel pickling liquid into the jars, submerging the veggies completely.
6. Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours before eating – these should keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.