This is a great recipe for just about any time of the year. The colors and flavors are amazing, and my kids love it! You can’t beat that!!
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 cloves Garlic – minced
1 can (14-15 oz) Chickpeas rinsed well and drained
1 pound Broccoli chopped fine (crowns and stalks)
1 tsp Kosher salt
2 Tbsp Filtered Water
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Zest of 2 Lemons
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
1. Heat oil in the pan on medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, add chickpeas & stir to coat in oil.
2. Add Broccoli & salt, stir occasionally for about 2 minutes, this allows the broccoli to turn a beautiful vibrant green.
3. Add water & turn heat to med-low, cover & cook about 5 minutes
4. Remove cover & stir, if the pan is dry add additional Tbsp of water and steam for 2-3 more minutes.
5. Add pepper, zest, lemon juice & chives. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.