Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Many people already know how to stir fry, but this is one of my go-to meals because it uses precooked, shredded chicken. If I’m in a pinch and need something that will fill my family up, but won’t take forever I’ll grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and whip this up. I can shred the (already cooked to perfection) chicken while I’m getting the rest going in the pan. Bonus!
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil1 Yellow Onion Chopped
6 Cloves Garlic minced
1 1/2 inch piece Ginger peeled and minced
3 Carrots sliced thinly
1 pound Broccoli chopped – stems and crowns
1/2 C Coconut Aminos
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
2 C Mushrooms chopped
2 C Chicken shredded
1/2 lemon juiced
1. Heat the oil on medium heat, when it’s melted add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and ginger and cook another minute.
3. Add carrots, broccoli, salt and aminos. Cover and cook about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add mushrooms and 5 more minutes. The veggies should be heated through, but still crisp
5. Add chicken and stir to heat through.
6. Pull off heat, add lemon juice and stir