Broccoli & Kohlrabi Slaw
Kohlrabi is another wonderful brassica to add to your shoppoing list.
Here’s what you’ll need!
1 1/4 pounds Broccoli Stalks (save those florets for the next recipe!)
about 7 fat stalks
1 pound Kohlrabi bulbs
2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (soy sauce without the soy!)
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1/4 C Fresh Chopped Cilantro
1. Trim about an inch from the bottom of the broccoli stalks, then peel the outer, tough layer. The stalk will be lighter green inside and juicy. Cut them into thin slices, then into matchsticks
2. Cut the tough outer layer from the kohlrabi. Cut them into slices then matchsticks.
3. Combine the Broccoli, Kohlrabi, Coconut Aminos, Rice Vinegar, EVOO, Sesame Oil, Ginger and Red Pepper Flakes into a container with a lid. Shake well to combine (see how I added a little workout there?!?)
4. Let this marinade for at least an hour, overnight is even better!
5. Top with cilantro and sesame seeds just before serving.